Programs: On September 9, from 1:00-2:00, Cindy Crosby will present “The Tallgrass Prairie: Grocery Store, Apothecary and Love Charm Shop.” https://cindycrosby.com/ We will send an evite to the membership. PLEASE RESPOND TO THE EVITE in order to get a Zoom link the day of the program.
• Directory: If any of your information for the new 2020-21 Club Directory has changed since last year, please notify Joan Figatner ASAP: email@example.com.
• Garden Clubs of Illinois has some useful information this month on trees, viburnum leaf beetle, and jumping worms. Check it out: https://www.gardenclubsofillinois.org/the-importance-of-trees
• Landscape Design School is scheduled for October: https://www.gardenclubsofillinois.org/event- information
• Lombard Garden Club will be hosting a preorder and pickup lilac sale at Lilacia Park on September 10 – 12, 2020. See https://lombard-garden-club-lilac-sale.myshopify.com/
• The National Gardener magazine, the official quarterly publication of National Garden Clubs, is now available free online. (It formerly required a paid subscription.) It’s full of useful and interesting articles. Please bookmark it and check it out: https://www.gardenclub.org/national-gardener-online
• Just for fun:
o https://getgrowingfoundation.org/ Sign up for information on Plant Truck Chicago, communityoutreach programs, and the Get Growing Series YouTube Channel.
o West Cook Wild Ones is hosting Native Gardens Through the Seasons: A Virtual Walk on Saturday, September 12. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/native-gardens-through-the-seasons-a-virtual-walk-tickets-114711146126
o Our field trips committee suggests you consider a trip to Columbus Park: https://www.facebook.com/groups/233989470332311/permalink/1060342421030341/
o One Earth Film Festival has online films and is seeking reviewers for next year’s film lineup. https://www.oneearthfilmfest.org/
Stay safe and keep gardening!
Lisa Cederoth & Mary Ellen Warner, co-presidents